NRA Show 100th Anniversary Press Release
Registration is now open for the 100th annual National Restaurant Association Restaurant Hotel-Motel Show. For 100 years, the Restaurant Show has kept industry professionals informed about international culinary trends, the latest equipment, and the newest technology. The 2019 Show will celebrate all we have achieved for the industry as together with exhibitors and attendees we look forward to what’s next.
The Restaurant Show has made it to 100 years by recognizing the unique challenges of each era. Today, more than ever, operators are looking to satisfy their customers’ desire for things like healthy menu choices, more takeout options, and mobile ordering; to maintain happy and safe workplaces; and to keep up with technology. In this centennial year, the Restaurant Show will host special events, education and celebrations to mark the industry’s and the Show’s shared history of growth. Restaurants Rock, the official after-party of the Restaurant Show, is shaping up to be the party of the century and the highlight of the anniversary festivities.
From the introduction of the first computerized POS system and credit card authorization to cloud management platforms and robotic assistants, the Restaurant Show continues to be THE place to learn about restaurant technology. Just last year the Show featured facial recognition, artificial intelligence, robotics, and other technologies we couldn’t previously have dreamt of. Expect even more cutting-edge, forward-looking technologies to improve back-of-house efficiencies and enhance front-of-house hospitality in 2019.
When the 100th Show convenes in Chicago, May 18-21, more than 2300+ exhibitors in 900+ product categories will bring the best solutions for today’s businesses, helping operators tackle critical consumer-driven concerns. 65,000+ foodservice professionals will gather for world-class education, celebrity chef and mixologist demonstrations, plus special centennial anniversary festivities. They’ll share innovation, insights, and solutions; make new connections; and chart a robust future.
Time-honored favorite features and events will return:
- National Restaurant Association President & CEO Dawn Sweeney will host an exciting guest for a lively discussion about what’s next for foodservice and how our industry fits into the larger economy during Signature ’19.
- Attendees will see products that compel change in the industry highlighted through our two awards programs, Food and Beverage Awards (FABI), honoring the best in new taste, marketability, creativity, and profit potential; and the Kitchen Innovations® (KI) Awards recognizing brilliant innovations that both improve back-of-house operations and benefit operators. Both programs have been enhanced recently with the addition of FABI Awardee Tasting events, open house events that give attendees the chance to taste all the new products; and KI Fireside Chats, held in the all-new KI Showroom and offering insights on how the newest equipment breakthroughs benefit businesses.
- The industry’s future will be mapped with features like Startup Alley, highlighting emerging, tech-savvy startups; TECH Pavilion, featuring the newest in industry technologies; and SuperSession, with speakers focused on the where we’re going and how to get there.
For 100 years, the Restaurant Show has continued to evolve to deliver the most innovative products, programming, and experiences for your business. This year, we’ll be bringing back floor features and programs that added new energy, excitement, and education in 2018, including:
- The Global Food Expo, highlighting products and services that cross borders to enhance your business, wherever it is
- The Balancing Act, enhancing career longevity through work-life balance for you and your employees
- The Water Cooler, a place for dynamic conversations, networking, and idea-sharing
- The Restaurant Revenue Growth Conference, a separate, concurrent event designed to kickstart creative, strategic thinking on critical revenue issues (separate registration required)
Visit Restaurant.org/Show for more details on the 2019 Restaurant Show and benefit from early bird pricing of $69, over 45% off the full price of $129.
Founded in 1919, the National Restaurant Association is the leading business association for the restaurant industry, which comprises one million restaurant and foodservice outlets and a workforce of more than 15 million employees. We represent the industry in Washington, D.C., and advocate on its behalf. We operate the industry's largest annual trade show (National Restaurant Association Show); leading food safety training and certification program (ServSafe); and a unique careerbuilding high school program (the NRAEF's ProStart). For more information, visit Restaurant.org and find us on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.